If you are a Christian, get to know Mitt Romney’s belief system (Mormonism): All of the following is taken directly from http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/index.htm, a Mormon believers site.
- The valiant spirit son known as the archangel Michael became Adam, the first man in mortality.
- “The Priesthood was first given to Adam. . . . He obtained it in the creation, before the world was formed. He had dominion given him over every living creature. He is Michael the Archangel, spoken of in the scriptures http://www.lightplanet.com/response/adam-jf_smith.htm
- President Brigham Young could very properly say that we are subject to Adam; that he rules over his posterity, and he gives us commandments http://www.lightplanet.com/response/adam-jf_smith.htm
- Satan and Jesus are “brothers”, and Satan sought to save all of mankind from sin by taking away their free will http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/response/qa/brother_satan.htm, http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/basic/premortal/Council_EOM.htm
- Jesus was married, and that the marriage where Jesus turned water to wine, was in fact, HIS marriage… http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/basic/christ/jesus_married.html
- Mormon’s are taught that Joseph Smith (founder) “…holds the keys of the kingdom of Heaven at the final judgment…” http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/response/qa/eternal_judge.htm
- “. . . no man or woman in this dispensation will ever enter into the celestial kingdom of God without the consent of Joseph Smith [specifically those who lived from] the day that the Priesthood was taken from the earth to the winding-up scene of all things . . .” http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/response/qa/eternal_judge.htm
- (From a speech by Brigham Young): “…he that confesseth not that Jesus has come in the flesh and sent Joseph Smith with the fulness of the Gospel to this generation, is not of God, but is anti-christ. All who confess that Joseph Smith is sent of God in the latter days, to lay the foundation of his everlasting kingdom no more to be thrown down, and will continue to keep his commandments, are born of God…” http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/response/qa/eternal_judge.htm
- The Prophet Joseph Smith taught that Michael, spoken of in the Bible (Dan. 10:13; Jude 1:9; Rev. 12:7), is Adam. In his premortal life, Adam received the priesthood (TPJS, p. 157), was taught the plan of God (TPJS, p. 167), and was appointed to be the head of the human family (TPJS, p. 158). He participated in the creation of the earth and occupied a position of authority next to Jesus Christ (TPJS, p. 158), under whose direction he at all times functions (D&C 78:16). He led the forces of righteousness against the devil “and his angels,” who were overcome and expelled from heaven (see War in Heaven). http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/basic/bible/adam2.html
- At the end of the Millennium, Adam as Michael will again lead the righteous in battle against the devil and his armies http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/basic/bible/adam2.html
- Brigham Young taught “When the Virgin Mary conceived the child Jesus, the Father had begotten him in his own likeness. He was not begotten by the Holy Ghost. And who is the Father? He is the first of the human family; and when he [Christ] took a tabernacle, it was begotten by his Father in heaven, after the same manner as the tabernacles of Cain, Abel, and the rest of the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve….http://www.lightplanet.com/response/adam-jf_smith.htm
- “Jesus, our elder brother, was begotten in the flesh by the same character that was in the Garden of Eden, and who is our Father in Heaven….
- “Now, remember from this time forth, and forever, that Jesus Christ was not begotten by the Holy Ghost.”
- “And the Lord appeared unto them, and they rose up and blessed Adam, and called him Michael, the prince, the archangel. And the Lord administered comfort unto Adam, and said unto him: I have set thee to be at the head; a multitude of nations shall come of thee, and thou art a prince over them forever. http://www.lightplanet.com/response/adam-jf_smith.htm
- Eve and Adam faced a dilemma as they sought to obey God’s commandments. They could not keep the primary commandment to have children as long as they remained nonmortals in the Garden (2 Ne. 2:22-23). The instruction not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, however, was uniquely modified with the words “nevertheless, thou mayest choose for thyself” (Moses 3:16-17), and becoming mortal was expressly stated as the consequence. (http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/basic/bible/eve.html)
- Satan was present to tempt Adam and Eve, much as he would try to thwart others in their divine missions: “And he sought also to beguile Eve, for he knew not the mind of God, wherefore he sought to destroy the world” (Moses 4:6; cf. Matt. 4:3-11; Moses 1:12-22; JS—H 1:15-16). Eve faced the choice between selfish ease and unselfishly facing tribulation and death (Widtsoe, p. 193). As befit her calling, she realized that there was no other way and deliberately chose mortal life so as to further the purpose of God and bring children into the world.THE CHURCH of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints strongly affirms that in partaking of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, Eve along with Adam acted in a manner pleasing to God and in accord with his ordained plan (see Fall of Adam). Brigham Young explained: “The Lord knew they would do this and he had designed that they should” (JD 10:103). “We should never blame Mother Eve, not the least” (JD 13:145). Adam and Eve “accepted a great challenge…. They chose wisely in accordance with the heavenly law of love for others” (Widtsoe, p. 194). Afterward, in one of the earliest recorded statements in scripture, Eve recounted the Plan of Salvation as she expounded on the joy prepared for humankind in eternity: “Were it not for our transgression we never should have had seed, and never should have known good and evil, and the joy of our redemption, and the eternal life which God giveth unto all the obedient” (Moses 5:10-11).
(HUH? That means God punished them because they tried to obey his command? WHERE is that in the Bible)
- Prior to the creation of the earth, our Intelligence was crafted into …spirit bodies by our Heavenly Parents through a procreation and birth process.
- One of our distinguishing fundamental beliefs is that “God is a married Being, has a wife at least…” We also believe this truth was known anciently, but lost through apostasy. It was one of the items lost through the faulty transmission process. Therefore, the concept of a divine consort (Godess) for Yahweh is very consistent with LDS beliefs. (ref: Cannon, G., Gospel Truth Vol. 1, Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret Book Company, 1974, p. 129.) http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/basic/godhead/heavenly_mother.html
- In ancient Israel, Yahweh (God) had a divine consort (wife) because it was not any better for him to be single and alone than it was for the man created in his image. (ref: http://www.lightplanet.com/judaism/goddess.html#_ftnref319)
- The white undergarment worn by those members who have received the ordinance of the temple Endowment is a ceremonial one. the members wear the garment under their regular clothing for the rest of their lives, day and night, partially to remind them of the sacred covenants they have made with God. (ref: http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/temples/mormon_underwear.html)
Of course, we could go on and on and on, and the spirit of Anti-Christ would manifest itself greater and greater and greater. I would like to ask you a question: If the LDS church itself openly states this stuff, HOW COME no (c)hristian church, Tea Party, Republican Party, or anyone else in the media will report it? The belief system that Mitt Romney adheres to is NOT Christian, and is Anti-Christ, just as Paul said, that there would be many Anti-Christs then and to come…
I HEREBY DEFY ANYONE TO SHOW ME IN THE OLD TESTAMENT, NEW TESTAMENT, or the Torah evidence of ANY of these beliefs…
GET TO KNOW MITT ROMNEY if you are a Christian…
And just so we are clear how high up in authority Romney is in the Mormon faith, From Washington Post article on Romney as a Mormon: “Since the establishment of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the passage of the Keys of the Priesthood has conferred authority upon the leaders who safeguard the flock. Mormons believe the resurrected apostles Peter, James and John gave the religion’s founder, Joseph Smith, the long-lost keys to God’s kingdom in 1829. A century later, the church president, Joseph Fielding Smith, declared that “those who hold the keys” have the “power and authority to govern and direct all of the Lord’s affairs on earth.” And on New Year’s Day 1982, church leaders laid their hands on Romney’s head and unlocked for him the requisite spiritual powers to fulfill his new office of bishop.”
All About Mormons: Teachings About Premortality
Latter-day Saints believe Man was also in the beginning with God. Prior to their own individual births into mortality, all mankind lived as spirits in another state of existence which has been alternatively called premortality, the first estate, or preexistence. The Prophet Joseph Smith ta…